|Home » Products » Potassium permanganate|
Potassium permanganate is a dark purple, almost black crystals, when dissolved in water forming a solution of brightly colored crimson. Is a strong oxidant. Depending on the pH of the solution oxidizes various substances; it reduces to manganese compounds of different oxidation levels. The use of this salt is most often based on the high oxidizing ability of permanganate-ion, providing an antiseptic effect.
Storage life: 3 years from production date.
▪ Medicine - as an antiseptic;
▪ In pyrotechnics it is used as a strong oxidizer;
▪ Used as catalyst for the decomposition of hydrogen peroxide in space liquid rocket engines;
▪ An aqueous solution of potassium permanganate is used for the etching of the wood, as stain;
▪ Potassium permanganate or sodium dichromate is used as an oxidizing agent when receiving the meta - and parafialnych acids of meta - and paraxilol respectively;
▪ Applied for determining permanganate value in the assessment of water quality according to GOST 2761-84 by the method of Kubel;
▪ Alkaline solution of potassium permanganate washes laboratory glassware from fats and other organic substances.